At the national and state level:
- WASBA represents WA breeders in all matters that are connected to breeding in WA;
- WASBA representatives attend regular scheduled meetings with RWWA and other eligible bodies and ensures that first and foremost, Breeders’ voices are heard;
- WASBA is a member of the Australian Standardbred Breeders Association (ASBA) which is an essential industry voice that promotes standardbred breeders at the national level to industry and Government;
- WASBA directly consults with Harness Racing Australia (HRA).
Other important benefits for our Members:
- a free Monthly Newsletter which includes interesting information and statistics for WA breeders, issues at hand, as well as our Breeder of the Month Award (only our members are eligible for this award);
- other regular emails (where an email address is provided) as information comes to hand on industry and breeding news;
- a Free annual Stallion Guide (issued to Members), available around September. The essential guide for Breeders and absolutely priceless.
Annual Membership is just $20.00 for Ordinary Membership, and $30.00 for Family membership. Both membership levels include one mailing address, but the Family membership includes separate email addresses for each member, if these are provided.
Any person interested in the breeding of Standardbred horses is encouraged to join. Membership is due 1 September of each year.
WASBA welcomes both new and returning members. We are all passionate about promoting and developing the breeding of Western Australian Standardbreds and providing a viable harness racing industry for future generations (you can read more about WASBA on the “About Us” page).
You can send your cheque or money order, or you can now pay your membership by credit card or via your Online Banking! When paying electronically please include your surname as the bank reference. Bank details are:
Bank Westpac, BSB 036 043 Account 129810, Account name WASBA.